Monday, November 22, 2010

The beginnings.

Our first offcal blog post is going to be about our beginnngs. Some back ground informaton  about how our little  business came about.

My love of photography began when was 10  years old. My aunt and  uncle invited me to their home in Sydney for a holiday. We visited many places, but my favourite  was Taronga  zoo. To help me remember my visit they gave me a little disposable  camera. It was the most exciting gift during my whole trip and I had so much fun wth it. From that point my LOVE  of  photography began. I studied black and white photography and Film developing at high school.  But  went on to do  some practical studies so I could  support my  baby  girls whom   had  at 18 and 20 years  old.  Although I always had a camera on hand.
.
My main career for 10  years, till 2009, was childcare. Starting in the lower ranks I worked my way up and  when I  left  to go on maternity leave, to have  my third child,  I had become  the  Pre-school teacher / Assistant director.
During my many years working with children, I took MANY photos of many different beautiful children. While still working it was my boss who designated me to be  our centre photographer. She suggested  I should study  photography as she loved my work. So once on maternity leave and with the encouragement of my husband, I decided I needed something  to do. So hence my formal photography study began.

 I studied with The photography institute, ( http://www.thephotographyinstitute.com.au/ )and had gained my diploma within a year. I practised by using my 6 month old  son, and my 2 daughters (then 5 and 7 years old), my husband  and my mum as my models. They were my inspiraton  for the assignments.
All photos on this blog post were  taken during my studies.


My  main goal since going on maternity leave has always been to start my own  photography business and  work  from home. Working around my children so I can spend  time with them instead of having them at childcare all the time. A goal I feel I am now achieving with a lot of encouragement and help from my self  appointed "photographers assistant" / husband. Through his encouragment things are slowly coming together.

Welcome to Bee-utiful Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment